What you’ll learn
- Gain necessary foundations for tackling walking bass style in-depth
- Be more confident when jamming or composing bass lines
- Jam over backing tracks or play with a band in a walking bass style
- Learn to improvise simple & effective walking bass lines over any backing track
- Know how to identify root notes for any given chord
- Become more familiar with bass fretboard
Course Description (click to expand)
Always wanted to learn how to play walking bass, but never got a chance?
This course is my personal “instant walking bass” recipe. You’ll learn the basic concepts and strategies that will allow you to improvise simple walking bass lines in just a few weeks of practicing. Yes – you will be IMPROVISING on your OWN! Believe it or not. The strategies I’ll be sharing are not that difficult to master and I’m sure you’ll have that eureka moment when you figure them out – just like I had when I was starting.
This course is shot in full HD video, with quality bass playing audio mixed with the backing tracks. The course is split into five chapters, each adding a new element to our “instant-walking-bass” strategy. This means that each chapter is really doable – you just need a bit of practice.
This course includes:
- PDF & Guitar Pro tabs for each playing example
- Interactive backing track videos for jamming and practice
- Downloadable backing tracks in mp3 format
- Text transcripts for each lesson
- English subtitles
- Unlimited forum help and instructor feedback
Please feel free to send me messages anytime, I’ll be checking them out and responding quickly. Also, I’d like to encourage you to record audio files or videos (you can post videos on Youtube and share the link) and send them to me for feedback.
This course is meant as an introduction to walking bass. We won’t be going into any complicated theory and walking bass concepts. What you’ll gain are necessary foundations for expanding your knowledge and more importantly – means of cheating your way into walking bass territory.
After all, not all of us end up being session musicians or superstars in certain genres. All musicians (even pros), often prefer to take the easy route and learn how to “fake” certain styles. This is what you’ll learn, you’ll learn how to “fake” walking bass type of lines until you are ready for more. I must say, that this can be a lot of fun and a lot of my friends (myself included), never actually feel the need, later on, to learn specific styles in more depth.
This course does not rely on any music theory (at least complex). This is a problem of many other walking bass courses as those just dig too deep into music theory that it becomes boring. You’ll just need to have a very basic understanding of how to find certain notes on the fretboard (in basic and most often used positions on the neck). Since walking bass heavily relies on chords, you’ll need to have a basic understanding of chords and root notes, but we cover those topics within the course.
Please send me your feedback about the course. What did you like? What did you not like? How could I improve it? Your feedback means a lot to me and I need to in order to better shape the course content for YOU in the future.
Who this course is for:
- Bass players looking to get started with walking bass
- Those bass players who would like to enrich their styles vocabulary
- Bass players struggling to jam over blues and jazz backing tracks
- Regular folks just looking to have fun on the bass
- This course is not for those bass players who are already well versed in jazz walking bass style
- This course is not for students attending Berklee or any other famous music school, studying “Whiplash” style
- This course is not for you if you are a jazz-walking-bass-wizzard / live performer.
- This course is not for you if you are looking to learn in-depth walking bass concepts and tracks