What you’ll learn
- Learn how to play all the basic slap bass techniques.
- Be able to play famous slap bass songs.
- Get familiar with the tricks involved in slap bass playing style.
- Be able to jam with a fellow drummer or a backing track using the groovy slap bass playing style
Course Description (click to expand)
Always wanted to learn how to play slap bass, but it felt too difficult?
This course is my personal guide to slap bass technique and playing style. You’ll learn everything you need to know about slap bass technique, enough to get you started in a matter of weeks. Yes, you CAN SLAP TOO! Believe it or not. I’ll show you all the standard slap techniques in details, with close-ups and I’ll also share secrets and tricks that bass teachers often skip to tell us! I guarantee that you’ll be able to learn how to slap with the help of this course.
This course is shot in full HD video, with quality bass playing audio mixed with the backing tracks. The course is split into five chapters, starting with basic techniques all the way to learning a beginner slap song and being able to improvise on your own in a slap bass style.
This course includes:
- PDF & Guitar Pro tabs for each playing example
- Specially designed slap bass exercises for quick technique development
- Backing track videos for jamming and practice
- English subtitles
- Unlimited help and instructor feedback
- Premium beginner slap bass song for you to learn
I want you to know that I would love if you would post your questions as you progress through the course. Please feel free to send me messages anytime, I’ll be checking them and responding quickly. Also, I’d like to encourage you to record audio files or videos (you can post videos on Youtube and share the link) and send them to me for feedback.
This course is meant as an introduction to slap bass playing style. We won’t go into any complicated techniques or slap bass lines. What you’ll gain are technique foundations for being able to play slap bass and learning famous slap bass songs.
After all, most of us just want to be able to learn how to play our favorite RHCP (or other artist’s) songs that utilize a slap bass technique. This course will help you with that. You’ll also get a taste for how slap bass playing feels and sounds like, and you can decide if you want to take your slap bass playing further or not. Every bass players should know how to slap, even at least just a little bit.
This course does not rely on music theory or any complicated playing techniques. This means that the course is fully suitable for complete beginners. Trust me, I have started learning slap bass playing style when I was just starting out on the bass, and if I was able to make it back then with limited resources and learning materials – You will be able to learn to slap too!
Slapping is not something reserved only for advanced bass players – everyone can do it. No talent or any playing experience is needed, you just need a desire to learn how to slap and that’s it.
Please send me your feedback about the course. What did you like? What did you not like? How could I improve it? Your feedback means a lot to me and I need to in order to better shape the course content for YOU in the future.
Who this course is for:
- Bass players looking to expand their styles vocabulary
- Students that would like to take their bass playing to the next level
- Those who think that slap bass is awesome and cool
- This course is not for those who would like to learn how to play like Marcus Miller in a day
- This course is not for heavy metal or ballad players
- This course is not for students looking to learn highly advanced slap bass techniques