Course Description (click to expand)
Learn how to play raking ghost notes to funkify your grooves.
This course features a professional bass player and teacher Fernando Lima from Brazil. His sense of groove and technique are impeccable and you’re bound to make heaps of progress by mastering his bass lines.
This lesson series starts from grounds up, where you’ll learn how to play ghost (dead) notes on the bass using both regular and also raking technique. These two techniques are building blocks of funk bass and mastering them will bring you one step closer to sounding like a pro.
You’ll learn how to play the Raking Ghost Notes Groove featuring instructor Fernando Lima, step-by-step and with the help of accurate tabs and slow-playing videos. Fernando will show you all the tasty licks and tricks so that you can learn how to play this groove.
Learning how to play this tasty groove will help you get better at ghost notes playing technique, while having heaps of fun. You’ll also push your general technique chops to another level along the ride.
Finally, we included a set of practical exercises that you can do to build your ghost notes chops in the woodshed.
This course includes:
- PDF & Guitar Pro tabs
- Backing tracks for jamming and practice
- Downloadable backing tracks in mp3 format
- Unlimited help and instructor feedback
So are you ready for a funky ride? Let’s do it!
Who this course is for:
- Bass players looking to make their bass lines more groovy & percussive
- Those bass players who would like to enrich their rhythm skills with new embellishments
- Bass players struggling to jam over funk and jazz backing tracks
- Regular folks just looking to have fun on the bass
- This course is not for those bass players who have a band nickname Flea or Rocco
- This course is not for students attending Berklee or any other famous music school, studying “Whiplash” style
- This course is not for you if you are a ghost notes wizard / experienced live performer.
- This course is not for you if you are looking to learn in-depth funk bass concepts
What you’ll learn
- How to play ghost (dead) notes on bass using fingerstyle technique
- How to use the raking technique on bass and apply it to ghost notes playing
- Learn a challenging funky bass groove that incorporates dead notes
- Become more confident with 16th notes rhythm subdivisions
- Practice ultra-efficient ghost (dead) notes exercises
- Improve your overall bass technique
This lesson series features a guest instructor Fernando Lima from Brazil.
With his amazing groove, funky technique & licks – you’re bound to be inspired!