What you’ll learn
- Gain necessary foundations for tackling blues bass style in-depth.
- Be more confident when jamming or composing bass lines in general.
- Jam over backing tracks or play with a band in a blues bass style.
- Be able to play with good timing and understand rhythm better.
- Learn to improvise simple & effective blues bass lines over any blues backing track.
- Know how to identify root notes for any given chord.
- Become more familiar with bass fretboard.
Course Description (click to expand)
Always wanted to learn how to play blues bass, but it was too difficult or confusing?
This course is my personal shortcut to “instant blues bass” playing. You’ll learn the basic concepts and strategies that will allow you to get your toes into improvising simple blues bass lines in just a few weeks of practicing. Yes – you will be IMPROVISING on your OWN and be able to play the BLUES! Trust me, you can do it. The strategies that I’ll share with you are easy to apply and get a hang of. I’ll help you get started effortlessly and avoid getting stuck along the way (like I did when I was figuring out things for myself).
This course is shot in full HD video, with quality bass playing audio mixed with the backing tracks. The course is split into chapters, each adding new concepts to help you get down the blues. This means that each chapter is really doable – you just need a bit of practice. I’ve spent a lot of time refining the materials to make them really “to the point”. There is no fluff in this course. Did I mention that I managed to skip all the boring music theory as well?
This course includes:
- PDF, Guitar Pro tabs for each playing example
- Interactive backing track videos for jamming and practice
- A number of blues bass lines that you can learn note-for-note and steal ideas from
- English subtitles
- Unlimited forum help and instructor feedback
I want to encourage you to post your questions as you go through the course. Please feel free to send me messages anytime! I’ll be checking them out and responding quickly. Also, I’d like to ask you to record audio files or videos (you can post videos on Youtube) and send them to me for feedback.
This course is meant as an introduction to blues bass following proven learning strategy from years of teaching experience. We won’t be going into any complicated theory and blues bass concepts. Instead, what you’ll gain are necessary foundations for expanding your knowledge and more precisely – getting the tools to cheat your way into blues bass territory.
After all, not all of us seek to end up being session musicians or superstars in certain genres. Many musicians (even pros!), often prefer just to take the easy route and learn how to “fake” certain styles because mastering music or a genre can take a lifetime to achieve. This is what you’ll learn: you’ll learn how to “fake” blues bass type of lines until you are ready to learn more. I must say, that this can be a lot of fun. A lot of my friends (myself included), rarely actually feel the need to learn specific styles in more depth, yet enjoy jamming.
This course does not rely on any music theory (at least complicated concepts). This is a problem of many other blues bass courses as those just dig too deep into music theory. Also, many blues bass courses don’t have a clear starting point or a path from A to B. This can be discouraging. For this course, you’ll just need to have a very basic understanding of how to find different notes on the bass fretboard.
Please send me your feedback about the course. What did you like? What did you not like? How could I improve it? Your feedback means a lot to me and I need it in order to better shape the course content for YOU in the future.
Who this course is for:
- Bass players looking to get started with blues bass
- Those bass players who would like to enrich their styles playing vocabulary
- Bass players struggling to jam over blues backing tracks
- Regular folks just looking to have fun on the bass
- This course is not for those bass players who are already well versed in blues bass style
- This course is not for students attending Berklee or any other famous music school, studying “Whiplash” style
- This course is not for you if you are a blues-jazz-walking-bass-wizard / live performer.
- This course is not for you if you are looking to learn in-depth blues bass concepts and tracks